Saturday, May 19, 2018

The Lovecraftian Thing a Day (2018) No.139: Silver Elder Sign Pendant



Last night, my Silver Key opened up a doorway to the realm of dreams, leading me once more to the little town of Ulthar, where it has long been decreed that no human shall ever be allowed to take the life of a cat. It was twilight as I wandered through the deserted streets, and the only other living soul I  encountered was a great black cat, who was catnapping upon the marble balustrade which circled a quiet fountain in a small secluded courtyard in a northerly quarter of the town.

The slumbering feline opened one eye as I approached, observing me with cool indifference. It nodded slightly at an object which lay upon the cobblestones at the base of the fountain, then arose imperiously and, a moment later, was mysteriously gone from that place.

The object to which the cat had gestured was a small velvet bag, containing a pendant of silver upon which was inscribed the hoary and cryptic Elder Sign - a pendant which, upon awakening, I found hanging from my neck upon a leathern cord.

No comments:

Post a Comment