Friday, May 18, 2018

The Lovecraftian Thing a Day (2018) No.138: Eidolon of the Deep


This curious item appeared on my doorstep this morning, with no return address - I possess images similar to it within my sanctum sanctorum - all protected by the most powerful of arcane wards and glyphs of binding; I also know enough of their provenance to recognise that such objets d’art are of an alien design entirely, and the product no human hand.

This particular piece is, I believe, an attempt to replicate in a physical medium the true represenation of one of those monstrous beings of elder lore said to have once walked the earth strange aeons ago, before retreating into a state of dreamless undeath within the depths of the earth, or otherwise entombed within the weed-strewn basalt blocks of some ancient comprised of impossible angles, which long ago sank beneath the waves.

I do not know if there is any significance to the fact that I received this strange eidolon on the day of my fiftieth birthday - but I fear the worst...

No comments:

Post a Comment