Thursday, April 19, 2018

The Lovecraftian Thing a Day (2018) No.109: Death Poems



Another Ligotti rarity which has not previous made its way onto the Lovecraftian Thing a Day: the Durtro edition of Death Poems. This also came with a cloisonne badge which I have currently misplaced - it will probably form the focus of its own post when I discover its whereabouts.

Long-time readers of this blog will no doubt be aware of my affection for weird poetry; unfortunately this does not extend to Death Poems - my least favourite of Ligotti’s works. That is not to say Ligotti is incapable of producing fine, free-verse poetry: This Degenerate Little Town, and the lyrics to The Unholy City being cases in point; but for some reason the content of Death Poems leaves me cold.

But I suppose that is rather the point of Ligotti.

No comments:

Post a Comment