Sunday, March 11, 2018

The Lovecraftian Thing a Day (2018) No.70: Elder Sign Dice Cup (Redux)

A question which I imagine is at the forefront of many people’s minds these days is ‘why have just one Elder Sign dice cup when you can have two?’. Indeed, such a question becomes apposite in face of the fact that Q Workshop have now released a gorgeous new Elder Sign dice cup to complement the glow-in-the-dark one they produced a few years back. As you can see below, in the new design, the Elder Sign itself is chased in gold, and surrounded by a fetching green tentacular motif:





Nice.

Having received the item yesterday, I decided to take the dice cup out for a test run during this evening’s session of Fantasy Flight Games’ Mansions of Madness - which I was within a whisper of winning having disrupted the cultbritual, only to have a Priest of Dagon blast me with a bolt of eldritch energy, thus deducting my final hit point and leaving me a smoking a withered husk on the rooftop of the Vanderbilt Mansion. That said, I had just stolen the mortal remains of his wife, so I suppose I deserved it...




In any case, I can now confirm that the new Q Workshop Elder Sign dice cup is, indeed, both functional and demonstrably effective in relation to its principle task - namely that of a receptacle to be used in the randomising (via vigourous shaking) and rolling of dice results.


No comments:

Post a Comment