Thursday, February 22, 2018

The Lovecraftian Thing a Day (2018) No.53: Elder Sign Dice Tower



I keep the light in my apartment somewhat dim, so unfortunately the first of the above photos - depicting my purple acrylic Elder Sign Dice tower (available here) -  is not as clear as I should like. In any case, it saw use earlier this evening in a solitaire game of Elder Sign, the aftermath of which can be seen in the second photo, shortly after Harvey Walters managed to close the gate to Yog Sothoth - thus averting the end of the world - subsequent to retrieving one of the eponymous Elder Signs from some dusty corner of the Miskatonic Museum. Private eye Joe Diamond, on the other hand, was sent irrevocably insane by something he encountered in the museum’s basement...Good times.

To round off my first solitaire game-night of the year, I played a quick game of Arkham Noir (the topic of yesterday’s post), which strikes me as being fiendishly difficult - and perhaps a tad too abstract for my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment