Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Lovecraftian Thing a Day No.328: Horror on the Orient Express Polyhedral Dice


It is probably obvious by now that I'm a big fan of gaming paraphenalia, even though I'm now pretty much only an occasional solitaire gamer. Even so, there is something about having themed dice, playmats, and the like that facilitates my immersion into a game - even moreso when said game deals with Lovecraftian subject matter. And sometimes I buy stuff because I'm a completist and I like shiny things. Today's offering being a case in point. Having purchased the new edition of the massive and weighty Horror on the Orient Express campaign for the Call of Cthulhu rpg, and its dedicated Keeper's Screen - despite the fact that I'm never likely to play or gm the campaign - I've now gone and done the sensible thing of picking up a set of themed set of dice...

The dice are, if nothing else, very pretty, with a strangely ornate purple-on-black design - although for the life of me I can't work out how this is related to the campaign content. Regardless, maybe one day I'll get to use them when some enterprising soul decides to do a solitaire conversion of Horror on the Orient Express. We can but dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment