Friday, November 04, 2016

Lovecraftian Thing a Day No.309: Glyphotech and Other Macabre Processes


I was personally acquainted with Mark Samuels back in the day when I was one of the moderators of the Lovecraft Scholars Yahoo Group - myself and the other mods would organise social events at which Mark would be a fairly regular attendee. I also saw him give areading from of his Face of the Twilight at the long-lamented Fantasy Centre in Holloway road (which must have been at least a decade ago). I think this was also the time when he was beginning to rediscover Catholicism in a very traditionalist form, which in turn appears to have led him to break from what he now considers to be the 'leftist/liberal' weird fiction scene. As much as I might disagree with his politics (and I'm sure he with mine), I nevertheless consider Mark Samuels to be one of the UK's finest weird writers, and I was pleased to discover that he is reissuing some of his work via Amazon. Glyphotech and Other Macabre Processes was something I missed first time round, so picked this up as soon as it was became available; Mark is also promising to reissue the aforementioned (and excellent) Face of Twilight shortly. in any case, I'm very excited to finally get my hands on Glyphotech - although as with yesterday's entry,  it's unlikely that I'll get round to reading it before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment