Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Lovecaftian Thing a Day No.257: Fantasy Centre R.I.P.


In yesterday's post I lamented the demise during the early stages of the internet revolution of many specialst bookshoops in the UK. As I recall, in the latter half of the 1990s, there were at least four specialst sci-fi/horror bookshops in London, three of where along or near Charing Cross Road and within walking distance of one another. Perhaps the hest known, however, was the Fantasy Centre along Holloway Road, which was also the last - albeit most long-lived - of its species, closing its doors for the final time in 2009. Here I present, in memoriam of those happy days, an original piece of art (which I think may have been used on the final catalogue/newsletter which the afantasy Centre issued) by Dave Carson, and commemorating 40 years of service to the UK's horror community. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment