Friday, June 24, 2016

Lovecraftian Thing a Day No.176: The Conspiracy Against the Human Race


With the result of the UK referendum being what it is, I was seriously considering bringing the Lovecraftian Thing a Day to an end, given that I have had my fill of racist bigots (and it now seems I live on an island where half the population appear happy to identify as such). Instead, I thought it would be instructive to present Thomas Ligotti's The Conspiracy Against the Human Race as today's offering, as it pretty much summarises my view of humanity right now: the best thing we can do as a species is to stop breeding and exit en masse. At any rate, the way things are going as far as the current political climate is concerned, it feels as if there is a greater likelihood of mass extinction of some sort occuring sooner rather than later. The last person to leave, make sure you switch the lights off. Or not, as it doesn't really fucking matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment