Friday, May 27, 2016

Lovecraftian Thing a Day No.148: Lovecraft at Last


Today's selection is Lovecaft at Last, the collected correspondence of H.P. Lovecaft and Willis Conover, which includes facsimiles of some of the original letters. This is the 2002 edition (the first being published in 1975). I have no idea from where I picked this up, but seem to recall acquiring it close to the date of publication, so I suspect it may have been a purchase from the venerable (and, since its demise, much lamented) Fantasy Centre in London. I was a bit rushed putting this post together, so haven't had a chance to fact-check, but I think I am correct in stating that the famed 'History of the Necronomicon' appeared in one of Lovecraft's letters to Conover, and is included in this volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment