Friday, April 22, 2016

Lovecraftian Thing a Day No.113: Mysteries of Time and Spirit


Whilst today's item was not the first collection of Lovecraft's letters that I owned (that honour goes to my set of the Selected Letters), it was the first that I read from cover to cover - possibly because it was the first volume I owned which placed Lovecraft's missives in the context of an actual correspondence. I also very much like the cover: whilst fairly minimalist, it manages to evoke a profound sense of awe and wonder. Oddly enough, my appreciation of a book's cover seems to correlate with my degree of enjoyment of its contents. Publishers take note.

1 comment:

  1. This is a timely review. I just bought the book yesterday at Windy City Pulp Con and began reading it last night. Seems pretty good so far.

    ReplyDelete