Thursday, April 14, 2016

Lovecraftian Thing a Day No.105: The Ancient Track


My first proper encounter with Lovecraft's poetry was via the Necronomicon Press edition of The Fungi from Yuggoth (purchased from Peterborough's 'The House on the Borderland') which I consider to be a superb distillate of the key themes of Lovecraft's weird cosmicism - indeed, it comes close to being my most favourite of Lovecraft's work. I had intended to present that edition as part of this series, except for the small matter of currently not being able to find my copy...

In the interim, one could do far worse than present as an alternative Hippocampus Press' very fine second edition of The Ancient Track: The Complete Poetical Works of H.P. Lovecraft, which of course contains Lovecaft famous weird sonnet cycle, along with a plethora of other weird poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment