Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Lovecraftian Thing A Day No.40: Selected Letters Volume III


Fairly early on in my career as a collector of things Lovecraftian, I managed to secure volumes I, II, IV and V of Lovecraft's Selected Letters, but for many years volume III eluded me - in fact it had become virtually mythological in its rarity; fortunately it was reprinted (in the late 1990s, as I recall) by Arkham House. I think that, along with reissues of Lovecraft's fiction and revision work, this may have been part of the final batch of books they published. In any case, I finally managed to pick up a copy in Forbidden Planet (I seem to remember this was around Christmastime). I think because of this, volume III of the Selected Letterx remains my favourite to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment